Blue North Sustainability is a purpose-driven consulting practice focused on agriculture and the food system. We have an established position supporting farmers, exporters, importers, and retailers across international agricultural and food supply chains in the development and implementation of strategies and programs of change aimed at achieving lasting sustainability outcomes. Blue North runs a range of consulting projects as well as a portfolio of online applications that directly support proactive management of sustainability-related risks on farms and across supply chains. We are a team of passionate sustainability practitioners committed to inspiring and supporting the deep change required to ensure their farming and food systems are truly sustainable. If this aligns with your passions and interests, please read further.
- Delivery of our various CF & LCA consulting projects and products
- Building CF, LCA and carbon sequestration models and data collection tools
- Interpreting and integrating the latest CF, LCA and sequestration/removal protocols and standards
- Sense-checking client CF & LCA data
- Project management
- Client engagement
- Undertaking desk and field research in the relevant fields
- Developing bespoke emissions and sequestration calculation tools & solutions; and
- Report writing
- A genuine passion for sustainability with an appropriate level of understanding and knowledge of carbon emissions measurement, life cycle assessment, carbon sequestration/removals, carbon emissions reporting and the broader climate change debate.
- Undergraduate or post-graduate degree in Engineering (Chemical, Industrial or similar).
- Some work experience will be an advantage.
- Strong analytical and numerical skills.
- Ability to research, interpret and apply detailed CF, LCA and sequestration methodologies and protocols.
- Work experience with the GHG Protocol Corporate standard will be an advantage.
- The ability to work with LCA software such as OpenLCA and SimaPro will be an advantage.
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team environment with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to present results/recommendations to individuals & groups.
- Ability to build positive relationships – particularly with farmers.
- Confidence in engaging potential and current clients via phone or virtual meetings.
- Good proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent English verbal & written skills. Afrikaans will be an advantage.
- Drive to satisfy clients, conscientious, willing to go the extra mile.
- Adaptable, excellent time management and prioritisation skills.
- Ability to work independently, self-starter and initiative-taker.
- Based in Stellenbosch region or surrounds.
- Have a valid SA driver’s license and own transport.
How to Apply:
- Email your comprehensive CV to Nine Broodryk at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We reserve the right to only conduct interviews with candidates of choice.
- Applicants who have not received feedback within 30 days from the closing date must please accept their application as unsuccessful.