Blue North manages the “Confronting Climate Change” project (or CCC in short) on behalf of the South African Fruit and Wine industries. This project is now in its 8th year and focuses on supporting South African farmers, packhouses and wineries in calculating their carbon footprint. Here is a short and sharp update of what 2016 holds in store:
- CCC is undergoing a complete information technology upgrade. This includes a new website, updated carbon calculator, redesigned database, simplified data capturing, a new off-line data collection tool and online commercial functionality! With its new modern look and simplified navigation, it sure is going to be a winner! Launching in June 2016. Follow us on Twitter (@Confrontclimate) or subscribe to the CCC newsletter (email: firstname.lastname@example.org) for further updates.
- CCC has released its 2016 workshop dates. If you have attended workshops in the past, this year would be a good time to refresh your knowledge and learn to enter your data on the new website.
- We will keep our Twitter followers and newsletter subscribers up to date with carbon tax updates during 2016.
- The CCC steering committee has completed the 2017 to 2019 CCC strategy workshop to make sure we continue to fulfil in the needs of the fruit and wine industry.
- Lastly, CCC is super excited to be nominated as a finalist for the 2015/16 Eco-Logic Awards. The awards ceremony is taking place on Thursday evening 21 April 2016. Holding thumbs!!!